Technically, we don't do the feeding! The local men and women who cook the food, feed the kids, and do the dishes are the real heroes. Depending on the need in the various villages, children are fed one cooked meal five to seven days a week. A typical meal will consist of one carbohydrate and one protein such as maize porridge (which is a staple in Africa) and a soy based topping.
Articles in this section
- How do I stop my recurring donation or change my card information?
- What is the Orchard: Community?
- How are you different from other nonprofits? What makes you unique?
- Are you hiring?
- Do you only do work in South Africa?
- What is the mission and vision of Orchard: Africa?
- How was Orchard: Africa started?
- What does your logo mean?
- How do I get a tax receipt for my donation?
- How can I donate?